Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Learning to Knit!


I've started learning to Knit using The Art of Knitting and finding it easy to follow.  I think I tried knitting when I was a child but couldn't get the hang of it - especially casting on and off so ended up giving it up and sticking to crochet.

I decided recently to give it another go and it seems to be easier.  I've managed to finish the first three squares from the series recently.



The first square is a Garter stitch square.




The second a Stocking stitch square with a garter stitch border.



The third square is Chequerboard Stitch.


This was more difficult and I had to start over twice due to errors I made.  Thankfully I read some comments on the facebook page and realised where I had gone wrong.  It hasn't stitched to the same size it should be so must not have used the right tension.  Something to work on in future!

When I get closer to making up the throw rug I will see how to add a border to the square to increase the size of the square to match the others.